Workplace: JRC veterinary clinic
Minimum stay: 6 months
Accommodation: Included (JRC facilities)
Professional skills: If you want to dedicate yourself to the veterinary clinic of wild animals, improve your skills and help the wildlife of Costa Rica; do not hesitate to consult. Interview for acceptance into the program.
The key piece of the rescue center’s work is the Veterinary Hospital, in which a team of experienced professionals works to save the lives of animals entering the center.
Thanks to the work of professional volunteers, daily work is improved. This is why the VETERINARY INTERNSHIP program gives veterinarians around the world, with experience or professional interest in wildlife, the opportunity to live the experience of being in a rescue center that receives more than 900 wildlife animals annually. Learn and help the wildlife of Costa Rica.
Tasks: Some of the work to be done in the Hospital together with the JRC team will be:
- Reviews of rescued animals.
- Routine control of hospitalized animals.
- Reviews of animals in rehabilitation and after release.
- Paediatric medicine (nursery).
- Diagnostic imaging tests (Rx, ultrasound...)
- Laboratory techniques (blood tests, parasites...)
- Cures, bandages, treatments, etc.