For JAGUAR RESCUE CENTER, hereinafter JRC, respect for privacy is an essential pillar in our operations. Therefore, we are committed to protecting this right and other digital rights through compliance with this policy, its principles and rules, in order to collaborate in building a healthy and balanced digital ecosystem.
When you contract our services and/or communicate with us through our platform, you entrust us with your information, so it is important for us to be transparent about the use of your personal data.
If you receive our emails, it is because in the course of some transaction, donation or communication you provided us with this electronic means. Your email is used to provide you with informative communications regarding our organization, which are given on a regular basis, respecting your time and privacy.
The platform used by JRC to send communications is Mailchimp, whose servers are located in the United States of America, which generates statistical information regarding the use of the newsletter, so you agree that your email data will be hosted in that country and that according to Costa Rican regulations, Mailchimp serves as a technological intermediary, which has no control over the data.
COMPLIANCE WITH THE CURRENT REGULATIONS ON PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION
JRC is located in the Republic of Costa Rica, so we are bound to comply with the Costa Rican legal system related to the protection of personal data (Law №8968) and the regulations related to unsolicited communications (Law №8642).
The Data Controller, in order to fulfill the purposes of the newsletter delivery service, will give a treatment based on the following general rules:
- a. Internal purposes: All data collected that is related to our newsletter are used for internal purposes.
- b. Transfer of data: Data will not be transferred to third parties except in cases where there is a legal obligation.
- c. Confidentiality of information: All personal information provided directly by a user will not be shared with third parties, unless this treatment is necessary to provide a service that the user has contracted and according to the purposes for which the data were collected.
- d. Informative communications: Informative communications about our organization will be made via email to meet the objectives of our organization, in a frequency that is rigorously necessary, and the user will be able to unsubscribe at any time.
- f. Statistical analysis: In order to provide you with the best possible service, JRC makes use of statistical tools in a fair manner, to improve the service of sending informative messages.
PRINCIPLES IN THE TREATMENT OF PERSONAL DATA
All digital activity must be freely exercised in respect of fundamental rights, current regulations, and best practices in the processing of your personal data.
- A. Loyalty and transparency: Data will be treated in a lawful, loyal and transparent manner in relation to the owner of the data.
- B. Specific purpose: Data will be collected for specific, explicit and legitimate purposes.
- C. Data minimization: Data will be treated in a adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which they are processed
- D. Accuracy: The data controller will make every reasonable effort to ensure that the data is accurate, truthful and current.
Therefore, at any time, with respect to your personal data you may require the following:
- - Right of Access to Information: All data collected about the user may be requested by the user (article 7, paragraph 1, Law №8968). In compliance with Costa Rican personal data protection regulations, no data concerning third parties will be provided.
- - Right of Rectification: If the user considers that there is inaccurate, outdated or incorrect data, he/she may request its correction or elimination (article 7, paragraph 2, Law №8968).
- - Right of Opposition: The user may, at any time, oppose the processing of his/her data for marketing purposes and/or any other processing -in a grounded and legitimate manner-.
- - Request for Retention: The user may request the retention of electronic data deemed necessary for a judicial investigation, in order to be handed over to the competent authorities, in compliance with the regulations in force (Article 16, Budapest Convention on Cybercrime).
Any request must be made by email to [email protected].
Your request will be processed free of charge and will be delivered to you in an electronic document, in a legible, understandable and easily accessible format.
How to contact us
The Data Controller
JAGUAR RESCUE CENTER
Playa Chiquita, Limón,