RAPTORS and CAPRIMULGIFORMES: 20-30%
Often arrive with fractured wings because of car accidents or orphaned babies. Many of them arrive when they migrate.
- Day raptors: hawks, falcons, eagles, etc.
- Night raptors: owls
- Caprimulgiformes: potoos, etc.
Frequently arrive confiscated due to illegal possession or trafficking, and also many are orphaned babies
- Parrots, parakeets, macaws.
Often found weak on the beach, unable to fly.
- Fresh water: herons, egrets, ducks, etc.
- Marine: pelicans, cormorants, seagulls, terns, etc.
PASERIFORMES AND OTHER BIRDS: 45-60%
Often arrive due to flying into a window, falling out of their nest, or the tree their nest was it was cut down. Babies come as orphans, attacked by cats, etc.
- Passeriformes: finches, tanagers, sparrows, orioles, etc.
- Galliformes: peacocks, wood rails, chachalacas, etc.