This anteater (Tamandua Mexicana) came to the center, after she got electrocuted trying to climb the power lines.
She arrived with severe burns from her belly all the way through her legs, also her left paw and some parts of her face got injured.
It breaks our heart to see these animals keep getting electrocuted. Thankfully, with the help of our veterinarian team the tamandua healed pretty fast. For her released we decided to take her to La Ceiba.
If you want to help with our Shock Free Zone program you can donate at: https://www.jaguarrescue.foundation/en-us/SupportUs/ShockFreeZone
Make your Donation and allow us to help as many wildlife species as possible.
Click on the button below and subscribe to our updates. We’ll make sure we let you know about all the latest news and events at the Jaguar Rescue Center.
The Jaguar Rescue Center is a temporary or permanent home for ill, injured and orphaned animals. With a focus on monkeys, sloths, other mammals, birds and reptiles; the JRC provides veterinary services, round-the-clock care and comfort to animals that would otherwise be unable to survive in the rainforest or the sea of the Caribbean.
Get in touch with our staff and we'll contact you shortly.
Developed by Globalode