For JAGUAR RESCUE CENTER, hereinafter JRC, respect for privacy is an essential pillar in our operations. Therefore, we are committed to protecting this and other digital rights through compliance with this policy, its principles, and rules, so that visitors and those who support us can carry out their digital activities with the greatest possible guarantees of privacy.
When you contract our services and/or communicate with us through our platform, you entrust us with your information, so it is important for us to be transparent about the use of your personal data. The personal information we collect is used for the following purposes:
- I.Internal management. The management of your information is essential in order to provide you with a high quality service.
- II.Informational communications. Communication is essential for the effective provision of any service, so we will communicate with you through the means that you provide us to meet the purposes of our organization.
- III. Donation management: in order to fulfill the objectives in favor of the protection of animal welfare, our organization processes the data of our donors for internal purposes, as well as for accountability and tax compliance, when required by the authorities.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION WHEN BROWSING THE WEBSITE
When users browse our website, JRC collects technical data in an automated way, such as IP address, browser, operating system, among others necessary for the operation of the technological platform, which are not used for identification purposes, except in cases where the user voluntarily decides to contact us and these data are part of the communication (e.g. contact forms), so they will be treated as confidential.
COMPLIANCE WITH CURRENT REGULATIONS ON PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION
In JRC we treat the information you submit in order to provide the requested service, make your billing and give you the required information. The data supplied will be kept for as long as the business relationship is maintained or for the time necessary to comply with legal obligations and meet any possible responsibilities that may arise from the fulfillment of the purpose for which the data was collected.
The Data Controller, in order to fulfill the purposes of the service provided, will treat the data according to the following general rules:
- a. Internal purposes: The data collected from user visits are used for internal, statistical and web analytics purposes.
- b. Transfer of data: Data will not be transferred to third parties except in cases where there is a legal obligation.
- c. Confidentiality of information: All personal information provided directly by a user will not be shared with third parties, unless this treatment is necessary to provide a service that the user has contracted and according to the purposes for which the data were collected.
- d. Informative communications: Communications about our organization will be made via email to meet the objectives of our organization, in the strictly necessary frequency and the user may unsubscribe at any time.
The user understands and accepts that the personal data will be hosted in servers located in the Costa Rican territory and/or in the United States of America, but at all times will be under the control of JRC, who for all purposes is the Data Controller.
Therefore, at any time, with respect to your personal data you may require the following:
- - Right of Access to Information: All data collected about the user may be requested by the user (article 7, paragraph 1, Law №8968). In compliance with Costa Rican personal data protection regulations, no data concerning third parties will be provided.
- - Right of Rectification: If the user considers that there is inaccurate, outdated or incorrect data, he/she may request its correction or elimination (article 7, paragraph 2, Law №8968).
- - Right of Opposition: The user may, at any time, oppose the processing of his/her data for marketing purposes and/or any other processing -in a grounded and legitimate manner-.
- - Request for Retention: The user may request the retention of electronic data deemed necessary for a judicial investigation, in order to be handed over to the competent authorities, in compliance with the regulations in force (Article 16, Budapest Convention on Cybercrime).
Any request must be made by email to [email protected].
Your request will be processed free of charge and will be delivered to you in an electronic document, in a legible, understandable and easily accessible format.
THIRD PARTY SERVICES
CONFIDENTIALITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
The Data Controller commits to adopt the appropriate and proportional technical measures according to the business line, in accordance with the current technological and organizational development necessary to guarantee the security of the personal data and to avoid the illicit access by unauthorized third parties of the personal data of restricted access under its custody.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, the user accepts that security is a process which may be affected by events beyond the control of JRC or its technological intermediary.
How to contact us
The Data Controller
JAGUAR RESCUE CENTER
Playa Chiquita, Limón,